Sports clinic Paris
Metro: Saint Marcel
Parking 6 rue test
The information provided on this website is provided by medical professionals: sports doctors, rheumatologists, functional rehabilitation doctors, orthopedic, clinical surgeons sport, podiatrist sports meeting within the group "chirurgiedusport.com"
There during physical exercise, especially long-term, especially if carried out under the summer sun, a significant loss of water and minerals through sweating. Losses that can result in serious health consequences if they are important and are not compensated. The sensation of thirst during exercise and late and did not compensate for the losses!
Sweating can lead to a loss of water 0.5 to 2.5 l / hour.
The second element to be taken into account (we later see again for rehydration during prolonged exercise) and mineral loss and especially salt (NaCl) through perspiration.
This combined loss (water salt) will have two adverse effects on your body:
- An increase in the required work to your heart (by rapid heartbeat).
- An increase in your body temperature.
These effects can result:
- A decrease in performance proportional to the level of dehydration; it appears from 1% body weight loss. Physical exhaustion and intellectual will be felt around 5% and there is a risk of death from 10%.
- Risk of an accident in which the "heat stroke" with a body temperature> 40 ┬░, consciousness disorders and impairment of the liver and kidneys in particular.
It includes 3 phases:
- The beverage outlet.
- Gastric emptying (transit time in the stomach) that is related to the volume and the energy density of the drink as well as the intensity of exercise.
- Intestinal absorption which depends on the osmolarity of the beverage and the intensity of the effort.
Rehydration should bring 0.5 to 1.5 l / hour. Amount to be adapted to the sport, effort and climatic conditions.
During long-term efforts, rehydration should have an intake of sodium; Indeed, sweating removes a portion of the Sodium in the body that must be replaced at risk of complication: hyponatremia.
Hyponatremia is a decrease in the concentration of sodium in the body that may be responsible for digestive disorders, headaches and confusion and even coma if it worsens.
The salt intake (1.2 g / l drink) must be systematic for tests of 4 hours or more, during which the fluid intake is important (at least 4 l).
During a short drive (less than an hour) and of low intensity, water alone is enough.
During a workout or a longer race, we prefer a sports drink carbohydrate intake (glucose or maltose-rich). This could be a drink "ready for consumption" or for example a grape juice or nectar diluted to 50% which will be used every 15 to 30 minutes.
Finally, for long trials, do not forget salt intake.
So, if you want more details, you have:
- A paper (book): Recommended dietary allowances for the French population / AFSSA, CNERNA-CNRS; dir. Ambroise Martin; V├ęronique Aza├»s-Braesco, Jean-Louis Bresson, Charles Couet ... [et al.]
- The site of the AFSSA: http://www.afssa.fr/
Good luck to all and remember that stress, drink regularly from the beginning of training and even before you feel thirsty!
What sport are we talking about?. In effect resumption of sport is a generic term that encompasses businesses that lives and cardiovascular, an activity of a well pivots sports activities in competition. We talk of return to sport or to pre-injury or to pre-surgery or even be the maximum possible level of the knee recovery. For example, the recovery of a knee that has been unstable for several years with meniscal and cartilage damage could not be the same without a knee cartilage injuries of the meniscus operated in a quick time after the breakup.
We sent a questionnaire to licensees judokas of the French Judo Federation to identify carriers sports a total hip replacement. We sent 212 questionnaires to older judokas over 60 years and at least 6th Dan black belt. Of 83 responses, 36 men, mean age 72 years (60-86 years) are holders of at least a prosthesis.